What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that are sent to and retrieved from your web browser. These cookies can be used to store information about you or your device (computer, tablet or mobile) and allow us to uniquely identify and remember you, in order to track your behaviour on our website and remember your preferences.
When you visit our website, like with most others, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology in order to present you with a more personalised web experience.
Some cookies are essential in order for us to provide you with a service you have requested, for instance, remembering what items you have added to your basket in order for you to proceed to checkout. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you, for example by registering and logging in.
What cookies do we use?
- Keeping you signed in;
- Understanding how you use our site and previous purchase history so that we can improve your future checkout experience;
- Recommending any additional products or showing you special offers that we think you may be interested in;
- Tailoring which upcoming movies we think may be relevant to you.
Our cookies can be classed into different categories, which we’ll explain below.
- Essential – cookies that are necessary for us to provide you with services you have requested and for our website to function. An example includes keeping you signed into your account whilst browsing a new webpage during the same session or remembering what items you added to your basket.
- Performance and analytics – cookies which measure how often you visit our site and how you use our site. For example, to identify which pages you visit frequently, or to know that you have logged in previously and we can therefore provide you with different content to someone who is logging in for the first time. We also use third-party cookies to help with performance such as Google Analytics, which allow us to count page visits and traffic sources in order to continually improve the performance of our site. You can find more information about our use of Google Analytics below.
- Functionality – cookies which recognise and remember you, including when you logged in and out, your previous purchase history, or elements of your user profile in order for us to provide you with a more personalised experience. They also allow us to recommend you other products and content we think is relevant.
We use Google Analytics on our site, a popular web analytics service provided by Google, Inc.
- The number of visitors coming to our website;
- What pages they visited and what they clicked on;
- Where the traffic came from and via what device.
These cookies allow us to anonymously analyse how our website is interacted with so that we can make our customers’ experiences better and improve our site.
Full information about Google analytics can be found here – www.google-analytics.com
How long will cookies stay on my device?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your device depends on whether it is a "persistent" or "session" cookie. Session cookies are temporary which will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Whereas Persistent cookies remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer and will stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted.
How do I disable cookies?
You can manage browser cookies by adjusting the setting on your browser. The ‘Help’ feature on most browsers will be able to tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies and how to disable existing cookies.
Please note our website may not provide you with the best experience if you choose to disable cookies and certain features and functionality may be disabled.
If you’d like to find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete them, you may find the following third-party websites useful: